Animals come in all shapes and sizes. We know that a one-size-fits-all approach does not work for them just as it doesn’t work for humans. We can compound a custom medication to treat your animal’s needs. Custom compounded medications are a great way to treat your animal in the most effective way possible. However, we will need your veterinarian’s permission to dispense a compounded medication to your pet.
Here are 5 ways that we can make dosing your animal, EASY!
- Our technicians flavor medications daily. We are able to flavor your pet’s medication to improve taste. We do this by flavoring their medication to taste like fish, liver, chicken, beef, etc.
- Is the dosage method you are currently using not working? We can change the dosage method to make dosing easier on the animal and the owner. This could include changing an oral pill to an injectable, or an injectable to a chew!
- With the permission of your veterinarian, we can formulate specific doses of a medication that is not commercially available. For example: if your pet needs 15 mg. of a medication, but commercially it only comes in 10 mg. and 20 mg., we can make this dose for you!
- Has that crucial medication been discontinued? If so, you’re in luck! We have the ability to compound medications that are not readily available.
- Each prescription comes with specific instructions on how to dose your pet. In addition, we have pharmacists available 24/7 to answer your every question.
If your animal is difficult to dose, call us to find out if we can compound something to make your life easier.
Please talk to your vet and ask if a compounded medication is appropriate for your animal.
We look forward to the opportunity to help your furry friend get better.