11 Jul Finding the Right Multi-Vitamin
In an ideal world, all our essential nutrition would come from the food we consume. Unfortunately, most Americans fail to eat the correct balance of nutrients or are unable to absorb the nutrients we need to thrive. It is researched that over 1/3 of the US population uses a daily multivitamin. Since we have overworked our land and depleted many of the nutrients that used to fill our fruits and vegetables, it is important that we not only take a multi-vitamin but take one that is best for us.
It is easy to be over-whelmed by the selection of multi-vitamins on the market today. You can find a multi-vitamin to help you lose weight, one if you are over 40 or 50, one for women, one for acne, etc. Sorting through the vitamin aisle can be daunting for everyone. At Redline Pharmacy, we try to make the struggle manageable. We have already researched the available vitamins on the market and carry products that are high quality and will not break the budget. The following are available to purchase in store or online:
- ONE multivitamin by Pure Encapsulations: Pure Encapsulations are known for the attention to allergens and do not put anything in their products that is not necessary. This multi provides a wide range of essential vitamins and minerals in addition to Coenzyme Q10 (which is depleted in individuals taking statin drugs for high cholesterol), alpha lipoic acid for antioxidant support and lutein and zeaxanthin for eye health. It uses activated vitamins and chelated minerals for superior bioavailability. This is a wonderful one a day multi for patients of all ages.
- Innate Women’s One Daily: Innate provides a whole food multivitamin providing a wide array of vitamins and nutrients. Being a whole food vitamin means it is more easily absorbed and utilized by the body because it contains more of the nutrients from a food source. They typically contain a lower percentage of the Daily Value (DV%) than your typical multi because it assumes that you are getting some nutrition from the food you eat.
- Super Adrenal Stress: This is vitamin specially formulated to support the adrenal glands. These glands produce cortisol, the hormone responsible for initiating the stress response. When exposed to stress over long periods of time, cortisol production can become disrupted and can lead to symptoms of fatigue, weight gain, poor sleep, anxiety, lack of motivation and energy. This multivitamin, formulated by Dr. James Wilson the author of “Adrenal Fatigue”, provides the body with a nice balance of vitamins and minerals while focusing on the health of the adrenals. It has higher doses of Vitamin C and pantothenic acid than other multivitamins.
- Junior Nutrients: This multivitamin is for kids over 4 that can swallow small capsules. Made by Pure Encapsulations, this multi is hypoallergenic and provides activated and chelated forms of vitamins and minerals to aid in absorption and availability of the nutrients.
- PurePals: Another Pure Encapsulations product perfect for kids over 2. This multivitamin is chewable without the added sugar or fructose in many kid vitamins on the market. Kids are still able to get nutrient coverage without the concern of added sugar contributing to tooth decay, obesity or sugar addiction.
- Men’s Pure Pack: A complete and convenient vitamin pack for men. Each daily packet of eight capsules contains a quality multivitamin, but also has fish oil capsules for fatty acid support, saw palmetto for prostate health, 1500 IU of Vitamin D3, CoQ10, and lutein and zeanthin for eye health. A quick and comprehensive resource for men.
Redline Specialty Pharmacy strives to provide products and services that give you the most effective supplement to your healthy lifestyle. Let us help you find the right product for you. Contact us today for more information or to order any of these products.