09 Aug National Breastfeeding Month
August is National Breastfeeding Month! In honor of breastfeeding month, we are going to share some incredible facts about what breastfeeding can do for not only a child, but the mother as well.
- Breastfed babies typically get less sick.
a. Breastfeeding lowers the risk of your child getting ear infections, diarrhea and stomach problems.
- Children who are breastfed have a lower rate of certain illnesses as they grow up.
a. Babies who are breastfed have a lower risk of asthma, diabetes and childhood obesity.
- Breastfeeding allows your body to recover from pregnancy and childbirth more quickly.
a. Hormones released when breastfeeding help your uterus shrink back to its pre-pregnancy size. Breastfeeding can also help to lower the risk of breast and ovarian cancer in mothers.
- Breastfeeding can help mothers lose weight.
a. Mothers who are exclusively breastfeeding can burn up to 600 calories a day. This can help you get back to your pre-pregnancy weight.¹
At the pharmacy, we carry two supplements from Motherlove’s breastfeeding collection. More Milk Plus was designed over 20 years ago for moms who are wanting to support their milk supply, pumping, and mothers who want to increase their freezer stash. These liquid filled capsules are an effective blend of four organic milk-making herbs: fenugreek, blessed thistle, nettle and fennel.²
We also carry More Milk Special Blend. This product was formulated for moms who didn’t increase breast size during pregnancy, delivered prematurely or plan to relactate or adoptive feed. This effective lactation supplement is a combination of five milk-making herbs: goat’s rue, fenugreek, blessed thistle, nettle and fennel. Goat’s rue supports mammary tissue development and breast milk supply.³
Both of these products are trusted by lactation consultants.
If you are interested in purchasing one of these supplements, visit our website or call the pharmacy to place an order. If you are struggling with breastfeeding, we recommend speaking with your healthcare provider or lactation consultant.
- “Incredible Facts about Babies, Breastmilk, and Breastfeeding.” Incredible Facts about Babies, Breastmilk, and Breastfeeding | Office on Women’s Health, https://www.womenshealth.gov/its-only-natural/addressing-breastfeeding-myths/incredible-facts.
- “More Milk plus® – Liquid Capsules.” Motherlove Herbal Company, https://www.motherlove.com/products/more-milk-plus-capsules.
“More Milk® Special Blend – Liquid Capsules.” Motherlove Herbal Company, https://www.motherlove.com/products/more-milk-special-blend-capsules.